CHALLENGE is the word, and we’re gonna shout it. Whole Life CHALLENGE!!!
There have been whispers. There have been rumors. Ladies and gentlemen, I’m here to tell you — they’re all true!
The Whole Life Challenge is HERE.
This is an 8-week health and fitness challenge designed to turn you into a diggin’ deep, nose-to-the-grindstone, what are you made of, no-crying-in-CrossFit, swinging for the fences master of your physical and mental destiny!
Entry Fee: $45 for everyone–all members, friends, and family.
Prelims: Saturday, February 16th @ 9 a.m.
Finals: Saturday, April 13th
Registration: You can register online at www.wholelifechallenge.com/wlc2013/affiliate/cfiv
Friends & Family may play along with you, but you must be registered first to invite them to join.
The challenge winner will have to succeed in 3 areas:
Performance - Improve your work, improve your play
Body Transformation - Get lean & mean
Accountability - Play every day!
How the game is played:
1. On Day 1 of the challenge you will measure where you are starting — Both a performance measurement in the Whole Life Challenge baseline workout, and a physical measurement of where your body is. Your final ranking in the challenge will be a combination of your improvement in these measurements along with the points you earn during the challenge.
2. Starting on Day 2 you will log into the website every day and report your score for the previous day. That means that on Day 2 you will be reporting your score for your activities on Day 1. You will also have the chance to enter a brief public “reflection” of how things are going for you. Share how the day before went or just where you are at the moment — the good, the bad, AND the ugly!
3. Visit the blog and forums regularly for coaching, support, tips, recipes, and reflection.
4. On the final day of the challenge you will repeat the measurements from Day 1 — workout and body measurements.
Final Tabulation for rankings is based on:
1. 25% – Improvement in body measurements
2. 25% – Improvement in workout performance
3. 50% – Accountability (daily points total)
All participants in the challenge will receive:
+ Access to the Whole Life Challenge WORLDWIDE online scoreboard
+ A “Pre-Game Huddle” seminar – Want to give yourself the best shot? Come to a 1 hour meet-up to cover the basics of setting yourself up: preparing your home and kitchen, shopping and preparing food, and strategies (Saturday, February 16th @ 11 a.m. immediately following your WLC baseline workout)
+ Access to a Whole Life Challenge blog with coaching, support, recipes and videos
+ Access to the Whole Life Challenge discussion forums for getting together with other participants to trade experiences, successes, breakdowns, tips, “cheats” and to lend and give support.
+ A post-challenge party & celebration! [BBQ, Saturday, April 13th to announce overall winners for both the WLC and the CFIV Open (more details to come on this)]
+ Overall Male and Female winners will be awarded a 6-month FREE membership!
+ All members that sign-up for the WLC will be allowed to workout 1 extra day per week for the entire 8-week challenge, as well as a discount on the CFIV Open, if they decide to participate.
Ask a coach if you have any questions, otherwise we look forward to everyone’s participation.
WOD – 02.06.2013
Skill/Strength work: 7×2 split jerks (heavy)
4 rounds for time of:
16 ring dips
8 snatches (135#/95#)
50′ bear crawl
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – -
Skill/Strength work: 7×2 split jerks
4 rounds for time of:
8 hang snatches
50′ bear crawl
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - -
Skill/Strength work: 3×6 back squat then 3×5 pull ups
WOD: ”Fight Gone Bad – Teen Style”
3 rounds, 1 minute at each station of:
wall ball shots (14#/10#)
sumo deadlift high-pull (55#/35#)
box jump (20″)
push press (55#/35#)
row for calories
Rest 1 minute between rounds.
Finisher: 3×35 sec. l-sit holds
POST RESULTS TO COMMENTS.